RAD...is back and I'm having way too much fun

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Sep 8, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Fellas
    Some new arrivals to show you. First up is a 1917 Single Ring Combo Set in Pigskin. I like the way the leather has aged, rubbed some Neatsfoot oil into it to keep it supple (mainly the hinging area). Then I made a couple of travel brushes to replace the original should I take the set with me on some journeys and why not?...It's in great shape, but the brush is way too small to use. Next is an Apollo Mikron. This is a terrific little razor that shaves very aggressively depending on the level you choose. There's a key that you insert in the bottom of the handle that you can adjust how much the head will rise when you re-insert the adjusting knob. I got it to the point where 1 is snug and really doesn't cut much and 8 is "Old Style with a Feather" kind of aggressive. I'll dial myself to 5 or 6 next time. I tried 7 and it was a 2 pass with a bit of irritation. Very nice set. The next is a 1953 Y2 President with the smooth band. The razor and case are in excellent condition and '53 is my birth year so this was a nice score. I really like this razor.​
    P1000902.JPG
    P1000904.JPG
    P1000906.JPG P1000911.JPG P1000912.JPG P1000915.JPG P1000917.JPG P1000921.JPG

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Boy! When you get RAD, you get it BAD!! Super sweet haul. Enjoy.

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yeah great gear there have fun using it!:)

4. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

Nice find!

Huck, I think I may have gotten my 40s Gold Tech from you in a PIF on another site. I don't use it every day, but I do use it. It's the mildest razor I own, but it's a good shave with an extremely sharp blade on those mornings after a night where I may have gotten a bad ice cube. I think it's impossible to get a cut with it even if the razor is dragged sideways across the skin.

5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Nice razors there, Huck. Enjoy them.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Nice hauls! The Gillette pigskin cases are quite rare. Very cool to see that!

7. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Nice little haul there. Really enjoyed seeing that Apollo, not sure I've ever seen one before.

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice sets!

9. huck1680

Thanx guys
    They all shave well which is a nice bonus

10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

You do have a case of RAD, super nice haul.

11. huck1680

Again, thanx guys and RAD marches on