Grab Bag 2011 - Round TWO

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 13, 2011.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Friday From Florida!

The 2011 Grab bag is fixin' to be headed back to Florida and soon it will be time for round two!

I thank everyone who participated in the first round of the 2011 Grab bag for keeping it moving!

Rather than continuing the second round in the same thread I am starting another thread to keep everything straight.

During the first round of the 2011 Grab bag, I said that I have shipped enough stuff internationally to know that often times the mail is slow and expensive and that the box was going to stay in the U.S.

However, I think that the box is big enough and there is enough interest outside the U.S. that the box can be broken in two parts with one box headed to Canada and elsewhere. If someone in Canada wants to spearhead an international box, send me a PM and when the current box gets to me I will split it up and pay to send it to Canada but you will have to coordinate the grab Bag from there in another thread.

If you are in the U.S. and want to participate, here are the guidelines:

1) Post your interest in this thread.

2) Send me a PM with your name, address and phone number along with an off-site email address.

3) As soon as there are about 15 people on the list, I will do my best to put the list in order from East to West. That way the box will move faster instead of having to crisscross the country.

4) I will round up shave stuff, post a picture of the stuff and put it in the correct size flat rate USPS box and fire it off to the first person on the list.

5) As soon as you get the box, post a picture of the contents and also a picture of what you are putting in the box.

6) Send the box to the next person on the list.

7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the box has reached the last person.

8) The last person will return the box to me and we will organize another round.

Here a few things to keep in mind:

1) When putting stuff in the box, put it in a baggie labeled with your name, date, and the contents of the baggie. This is important because things spill, and it will be nice to know how long something has been in the box.

2) Put whatever shave related item in the box, or other items that TSD members are interested in, but please, let's not junk the box up. If something is so worn out / used up / broken / not usable more than once, or unrestorable it probably does not belong in the box. However, re-knottable brush handles, restorable straights, and other such items are not junk. Just don't treat the box like a junk pile. If a container has usable product, but the container is broken / leaking, please put it in another container and apply the appropriate label.

3) Most of us have access to Williams and VDH. These are fine products, but they take up space, so let's try to not fill the box up with multiple instances of these products. One of each in the box at a time is sufficient.

4) Put a post card from your area in the box!

One last thing:

If you are going to be overly concerned about the cost of shipping vs. value of what you can take out of the box, this game is probably not for you. If you feel you need to pull $11.00 worth of stuff out of the box before you pay $11.00 to ship it off, you are probably going to be disappointed. Some people are not going to have $11.00 worth of stuff to put in the box to replace what they take out of the box, so please, let's not get hung up on value. Look at as one big PIF, with benefits!

In no particular order, here is the list I have as of right now:

Williams Warrior
    Etoyoc
    Dougr
    MercV12
    Hdflame
    NoahG
    Ocharlas

And... GO!

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Yeah at the top!:D

3. NoahG

NoahG Member

Sign me up! I'm sure I'll figure out some decent stuff to toss in, and being here up in the PacNW it'll have plenty of time to get here!

4. stingraysrock

I have made a point of not keeping personal information on file longer than needed for the purpose at hand. Seriously. I delete the info as soon as it has been used. If you want in, you have to send me a PM with the requested info in item number 2.

5. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

I'm in again!

6. NoahG

NoahG Member

PM sent

7. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I am thinking about going in for round 2 also. I need to come up with more donation stuffs first though!

8. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Me me me!

9. excalibur5

excalibur5 Member

Count me in again! I just finished packing up the box ending round 1, this has been a blast!

-Joe

10. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

I would love to get in on this if I am in time.

11. stingraysrock

Happy Saturday From Florida!

We are getting a lot of people joining in!

Williams Warrior
    Etoyoc
    Dougr
    MercV12
    Hdflame
    NoahG
    Ocharlas
    Xezmer
    Excalibur5
    Byrd
    Hank
    Tforc

12. Hank

Hank Active Member

Pm sent sending a third pm lol I hste not having a computer while moving lol I fat finger the keyboard on the android email and phone number on the way.

13. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I would like to get in on this again, but I don't want to take a space away from someone who did not get in on the first round.

Keep me on a hold list unless you need to fill up space.

14. stingraysrock

There is no limit to how many people can be in the rotation. Fifteen people just seemed like a good number to start with in order to fire the box off. If you want on, send me your info.

15. Tforc

Tforc Member

Put me in the line up

I would like to be in on this round.
    Thanks
    B:D

16. stingraysrock

Happy Wednesday From Florida!

As of right now, the deadline for getting on the list is going to be June 1st with the box shipping on June 2nd.

BG and I are headed to the beach condo on May 22 to hang out for the week and celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 23rd. When we get back on the 30th I will start the process of getting the box ready for the next trip.

The List (not in shipping order)

Williams Warrior
    Etoyoc
    Dougr
    MercV12
    Hdflame
    NoahG
    Ocharlas
    Xezmer
    Excalibur5
    Byrd
    Hank
    Tforc
    Freebird
    Hdflame

17. freebird

freebird Active Member

Looking forward to another successful box pass!

18. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I have decided that I would love to go for round 2! Round 1 was a blast. I will PM my info tonight.

19. stingraysrock

We have a nice size list right here, but there is still room for more peeps to play.

Williams Warrior
    Etoyoc
    Dougr
    MercV12
    Hdflame
    NoahG
    Ocharlas
    Xezmer
    Excalibur5
    Byrd
    Hank
    Tforc
    Freebird
    Hdflame
    BillR
    AnB_Daddy

20. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

I'll jump in on this again. It was a lot of fun the first time around.
    With 3 wet shavers in the house, my wife and daughter want to check it out also.