Avon mixology

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by gorgo2, Sep 5, 2021.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You need some Lime?

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

50% Pinaud Clubman
    50% Avon Lover Boy

These two are similar so for fun I mixed them in a 4 oz sprayer. I can't exactly describe the result but it works well. Best I can call it is a refined barbershop scent, more complex than either alone. Avon's powder/florals floating on top, and Clubmans base radiating through it. Not too far from Royal Copenhagen but way toned down from that swampy cloud of powder.

Some LB will be in the travel box next time it comes around, if anyone wants to try this.

Enrico and Paul Turner like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Accidentally crossed Tai Winds with Black Suede. It works shockingly well.

4. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

I accidentally put instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time.

Sara-s, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy102: :happy097:

6. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I haven't really ever tried much of Avon's scents.. Now you guys are gonna make me have to go looking for Avon !! Ahhhh !!
    out1.gif

Haha

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  7. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

Yea, they're fun to try. A handful of them still seem to be plentiful. They come in these funky bottles that take up a lot of room, though. I still haven't finished any one bottle, but I doubt I'd keep a bottle when it's emtpy. I have enough junk saved around my house, lol. The bottles are so "70s stuff my grandparents would have had displayed on the mantle."

The gems are their Old-spice homages/knockoffs -- Spicy, and Brisk Spice. The latter is most like the original Shulton Old Spice. Both still seem to be plentiful.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

60% Superior 70, 40% Wild Country.

You might think it can't work but it does. That means Spicy should work even better.

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Not Avon but had a nearly empty bottle of PS Fine...

50% PS Fine
    50% Shulton OS cologne

Result is a very dated fragrance but clean and nice, spicy florals with a hint of powder and musk. A bit similar to Clubman but very much its own thing after it dies down some.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

PS Fine ..... ?

Pine Sol ??? not so fine :shocked003:

:signs002:

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Spicy + Sonnet = something close to British Sterling. Correction, very close.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Paul Turner likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

40% Superior 70
    50% Lucky Tiger BR
    10% Avon Island Lime

A nice, understated bay rum.